Saturday, May 7, 2011

My cats are trying to kill me. Also, new #amazonfail.

I had to go to the ER this evening to get x-rayed, and find out if I had broken my ankle and my wrist.

We had fish for dinner. We gave the cats some, as a treat. They left a piece sitting OUTSIDE the bowl. I filled my plate, came back, stepped on it, went flying, twisted my ankle, slammed my wrist on the table, then landed on my ass in their water bowl. Somehow, in all of that, I managed to get the plate safely onto the table without breaking it.

Good thing- they're only sprained, not broken.
Bad thing- I am not allowed to knit until my wrist gets better, so I'll be behind on my top sekret project. But I suppose I could try using the time to learn to crochet.


Now, if the inability to knit didn't have me grumpy enough, there is the latest #amazonfail. Apparently, they have decided to start censoring yaoi on the kindle. Boo!

So... I wrote them to let them know how I felt about it.

Here is what I wrote:
“I am highly upset that you (Amazon) have started banning many yaoi titles from the kindle service. Have you learned nothing from the #amazonfail episode, where the LGBT titles were de-ranked? Please stop censoring things I like, and trying to tell me what I should and should not read. I LIKE buying from Amazon, but I will have to find alternatives if you don’t stop trying to censor LGBT literature. (And yes, yaoi IS LGBT literature, even if it is couched in erotica.)”

And here is their response: 
"Hello,
The items you referenced are not available for sale. Thank you for contacting us. 
Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?
If yes, please click here:
If no, please click here:
Best regards, 

[name redacted]
Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
http://www.amazon.com/your-account


Fail, fail, FAIL.

Of  course, I clicked on the 'NO' link, and politely let them know their response was not acceptable. Doubting I'll get anywhere with them, though.

ARGH. Just... ARGH.

Also, click here, for another take on this stunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment